Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Close encounters of the annoying kind.Part 1.Snoring chacha.

                 Travelling in a train in India can be quite an affair.It depends on one's luck.If you are lucky you will have an uneventful journey and maybe meet some good co passengers.But when your unlucky stars have aligned and the force is not with you,expect to have some close encounters of the annoying kind.

                  On one of my most horrible train journeys yet,I happened to meet an uncle who I think had a jet engine in his nose.While he was flying his jet plane in the dark skies of his mind,the sound of the engine was traversing into the real world through his nose.He was sleeping in the upper berth and I was the unfortunate one sleeping in the alongside upper berth.I tried everything to wake him including coughing loudly and making a few 'hmm' noises.But to no avail.I looked around at the other passengers trying to gauge how they were feeling but in the darkness I couldn't make out anything.There were a few restless silhouettes changing their sleeping positions now and then.I greatly regretted not bringing my Industrial ear plugs with me.I couldn't sleep the whole night and the next morning at 5 am I reached my destination.Showering my thanks to the god almighty above who did not make the train reach late,I left that jet-plane-in-the-form-of-human being to himself and said a few prayers too for the next person to occupy my berth.
                From then onwards I always carry a pair of industrial grade ear plugs with me whenever I travel.




1 comment: