Monday, November 2, 2020

Book Post 15: How to be an Explorer of the World by Keri Smith

Book Name : How to be an Explorer of the World 

Author : Keri Smith

Genre : Self Help/Kids

What is it about? : As the title amply makes it clear this book tries to inculcate in the reader all the qualities that makes one an Explorer of the World. From Observation pointers and exercises to Note taking tips it covers a lot of points. Ideally for kids but equally suitable for adults who have forgotten their inner child this book is a life changer or maybe a habit changer to be more precise. 

How I came to read it : 
 Long back I spotted this book in the UBC Bookstore. I flipped through it and right there decided I have to read it. But I already had a backlog of books to read so I skipped it then. Months later I burrowed it from the Vancouver Public Library. 

Did I like it? 
Absolutely loved it! Written in a simple kids language it has a number of fun exercises. It starts with an exercise asking the reader to list down all the object near where he/she is sitting. From this beginning it goes on to list a multitude of different tasks. Sprinkled among these is a few quotations to inspire and motivate. At the beginning of the book is a Mission Statement which I have posted below. I simply loved this book. It would be a perfect gift for little kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment