Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Once upon a night dreary!

One night,as I was walking back to my home I passed by this strange house on our street. It was quite late in the night and quite windy. The wind was making the branches of the trees shake and shiver as they crashed against each other.

This strange house looked empty and lifeless but it had a wind chime at the front door. Now, I don't like wind chimes because of the constant and sometimes jarring noise they produce. But this one was different. It produced the most melodious sound I have ever heard a wind chime produce. I stood there for a while transfixed.

The overall effect this whole scene had on me was quite unnerving. The late hour, the rustling of the leaves in the wind, the stillness of the house itself and the melody of the wind chime. Blame it on my love for horror stories but the house looked like the perfect setting for a classic Gothic horror tale. With these thoughts in mind I quickened my pace and left the spot with the melody of the wind chimes fading out behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment