Thursday, April 23, 2015

AECS 10th 2006 Graduates.Part 1-Primary School

Primary School
Pic was taken in 2009 by my brother.
Every person looks back at his/her school with fondness.My case is no different.I love my school.Loved it back when I was studying in it.I love it now.I have so many wonderful memories associated with it.This post is about our batch which graduated 10th class in 2006.And when I say this is about our batch I mean it is about our batch from MY point of view.

The Buddies
              Let me first talk about my group or as some like to call it,gang.There were eight of us back then.Abhishek,Deepanjan,Bhanu,Swatchitlal,Ravi Teja,Akram,Shoaib and myself.(We are nine now with the addition of Kiran later and still a very close knit gang)We use to call ourselves TT back then.I am not going to reveal its full form now as it sounds a bit silly.Later we changed our name to 'Falcons Club' which still sounds a wee little bit silly but  doesn't matter.I met my FC friends at various points of my schooling and I will mention their names as I move from class to class.

Primary School (1st to 5th Class)
            There were separate buildings for students from 1st to 5th class and students from 6th to 12th class.Class 1 to 5 was called the primary school.I don't remember much from this age except a few incidents.I was, maybe in 3rd class and a boy from 2nd class asked me if there 4 balls in an over or 6 balls.I had no idea what he was talking about and sheepishly just told him there were 4.Later I came to know there were talking about the game of cricket which I later started playing.
       
             One of my earliest friends was Akram.We met in 2nd class.In 5th class during the start of the year seating arrangement was being decided.By luck akram and myself got the same bench.We were delighted.But then the teacher asked the class leader,Priyanka Patil to point out any bench where any friends got together.She looked around and pointed us out.That was it,we were separated.We laugh about it even now.
       
             I first met Bhanu when I was in third class.He was the tall boy sitting in the corner row in the penultimate bench.We weren't friends back then.In my 4th or 5 th class I started going to Reddy Sir's tuition. Bhanu was in the same tuition and we hit it off immediately.I have some of my best memories of my primary school days with Bhanu.We use to pluck some kind of wild fruits from the trees behind our school, play cricket together and we used to bring colored sounf to tuition and eat together.
       
              During my 4th and 5th class I used to play a type of Frisbee game with the lids of our tiffin boxes.It was the first time I was playing in a large group.I think I can only remember Sudheer Vasireddy among the those whom I later met. Sudheer was a good friend.We used to play together a lot during our lunch breaks and PT(Physical training) classes.

            One teacher I fondly remember from this period is Mr Raja Reddy sir.He was My favorite in Primary school.As I mentioned before I used to go to his tuition too.Other teachers I remember are Shankar Sir,Prema Jyoti ma'am,Shahela ma'am,Vani ma'am,S.L.Prasad Sir,Prabhakar Sir.
         
            I changed many tuitions during this period.Major among them was Srinu sir's and Raja Reddy sir's.Others are S.L.Prasad sir's and Shankar sir's.My dad was against the idea of tuition corporal punishment so I never went to any tuition where the teacher beat the students.A very calm person and one who never beat any of his students,Shankar sir once,in a fit of anger,slapped me.I did not turn up from the next day.Another time I was looking for a new tuition and somebody suggested Johnny Sir's name.I liked Johnny sir and thought it would be a good idea to go to his tuition.So off I went one fine day to his home.There to my surprise I saw his wife teaching the kids and not johnny sir.During the class she took out a long sturdy stick and hit me with it.I stopped going from the next day.And like that I changed many tuitions. During this time I used to carry a satchel made lovingly by my mom to the tuitions.It was made up of a short towel and two large fiber rings.It was the trend in that sleepy colony of ours.I had it with me for a long time.And in my time every little kid used to wear paragon slippers for intra colony movement.Nowadays it is hard to find any kid with paragon slippers.

            Summer days used to be so interesting back then.Either my family used to go to Hyderabad or we used to stay in colony itself.Long days of staying back in home and watching cartoons on TV.More than anything else I remember the stillness of the colony in the afternoons of a summer day.The deserted roads,the dry plants,the warm wind blowing,the hot sun overhead .These are the things I remember.

            One tragedy to strike early in our batch was the death of a batchmate.I think in 3rd class,Khaja babbar died in a car accident.We were sad and confused at the same time.I had only talked with him once or twice.
           
           Coming to marks the one thing I remember was I got 20/20 in social studies in all the five Unit Tests that were conducted in my 5th class.And then in half yearly exam I got 50/50 and again in annual exam I got 50/50.Overall I maintained a 100 percent record in social studies.My love for social studies started early.One common feature in the school was that a bench was shared between a boy and a girl.My bench mates used to change with every class.One of the best bench mates I had was Harika.She was a polite girl and was a good person.I still remember her earrings which were very beautiful.Her friendship with Divyasri, another one of my bench mates was very famous back then.          
         
             Primary school days ended with the end of 5th class.I was happy and a bit apprehensive at the same time.In 5th we were the seniors of the school.And we enjoyed it.But now in 6th class we were going to become the juniors once again.

People I remember having met during my primary school days-
Bhanu,Akram,Sudheer,Priyanka Patil,Viju,Vicky,Vinod,Vijay,Randeep,Immanuel Raju,Harika,Divyasri

The next part will be about High School.That stage of our life which shaped us for the future.
I urge any readers from the batch to share their incidents in the comments section.

A few more clicks of primary school here

No comments:

Post a Comment